Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wow...there are two ladies in the same fantasy league...

In all of the years of randomly drawing names to determine the order in which we choose our draft order, it finally worked to someone's advantage. Melanie has Adrian Peterson as a keeper in the first round and elected to go last...meaning that she gets All Day as the 12th pick of the 1st round.

Meanwhile, I had the guys on the set of ABC's College Football Studio show pick the names from a hat while we were at rehearsal on Saturday and the official name-drawer, Dave Bearman, was pretty impressed when he picked the second name. He responded with a surprised observation that the first two names were Steph and Amy, two female names, meaning that two girls are in the league. He noted that he wasn't sure if he knew two girls that played fantasy football, let alone in the same league. I laughed to myself and told him to just wait. Next name, Leila...then Claudia...then Sharon, Sarah, Jacquie, Sarah, Christina, Melanie, Malia and Alexandra. Yes, all ladies. And despite how much of a little girl my friend Eric from law school acts like, I'm not letting him in our all-female-fantasy league.

1 comment:

Claudia_cbus said...

Everytime I tell people I'm in an all girl league, they just stare! I think it is awesome!