Monday, November 10, 2008

NFL... and some thoughts from Tyra

Why do I watch football? Because it is a nice break to have the men treated as cattle as opposed to women. Right now The Tyra Banks Show, hosted by a self-proclaimed 34DD with a booty, is showing a segment entitled "Big vs. small breasts and butts." Seriously, those are our issues? Figuring out how our breasts and butts play a roll in society. At least in football their muscles, butts and other physical attributes have a purpose. Stronger butts and legs of course give you more power and help you run, escape tackles, etc.

The episode gets better-- one woman on the panel, sporting 40 DD's, let a man in a bar touch her breasts for everything in his wallet ($600 at the time). Tyra asked the question we all wondered: is that a soft form of prostitution? But I like football because, for the most part, breasts are not involved, other than the gratuitous flashing of the swimsuit models on the sidelines at football games (I know they're supposed to be cheerleaders, but as a former cheerleader myself I fail to see the connection between cheerleading and NFL "cheerleaders").

I guess my real issue isn't that breasts are part of society, it's that we talk about everything incessantly these days and some things are just not worth discussing. Your breasts are small...how do you feel about that?

I think a better question is why is Tyler Thigpen still a free agent in most fantasy leagues? He's been a solid fantasy quarterback in his last three starts. His only other start was in Week 3 when Kansas City still had options at quarterback. Starters one and two, Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard, respectively, were since placed on injured reserve. I looked at several fantasy leagues that all score completely differently and Thigpen's average fantasy quarterback rank was 4.5. Clearly starting material and next week he faces the struggling Saints defense. And there are teams starting quarterbacks like Sage Rosenfels, Shaun Hill, Aaron Rodgers and Jake Delhomme so there's really no excuse for Thigpen to be on the bench at this point. At least in the girls only fantasy league only had team had to start one of those guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My breasts are small and I feel awful. I'm now going to try to make myself feel better everyday by watching the Tyra Banks Show - especially the breast-centric episodes.

My question would have been what dude is paying $600 to touch a pair of breasts? Is that the going rate these days? I guess I'm never going to retire.